Colic calm
RB suffered from belly aches and gas (not reflux) for the first couple months. It was sad. We tried all different things but Colic calm worked the best. Its black color stained our cloth diapers and some clothes but everything came clean after a couple of washes. Seriously best product ever.
Probiotics
I also attribute his belly getting better to probiotics. I was taking some but noticed a change when we started giving him his own. I also think his belly just needed time to develop and mature. We now use probiotics moreso for immune issues and really don't need the colic calm anymore.
Nosefrida
Seriously. Who doesn't want to suck snot out of their baby's nose with a straw?! This is best used in combination with saline spray. Wet their noses and then suck it out. It's as rewarding as popping blackheads.
This was a gift from my friend Kate and she was right. This makes your baby smell so yummy.
Earth Mama bottom balm
This comes from the same people that make the baby shampoo but it's for post-partum mamas. The menthol is so cooling and feels even more awesome than witch hazel. I kept it in my purse for when we were out and about.
Angelcare bath seat
RB & I took baths together for about the first month. I just held his little, limp body the whole time. Once he got a little bigger I decided we needed something to lay him in. We still use this bath seat, it's just so cozy for him. It also helps me when we're home alone and take a bath, I place him in the seat on the floor all wrapped up in his towel while I finish cleaning up.
Sprout pouch
This was also a gift from my friend Kate and I don't know what I would have done without this sling for the first couple of months. RB and I both loved this thing. We don't use it anymore but it was essential for the infant stages. There are also a ton of other slings on the market that work just the same as this one.
K'tan
Best carrier ever. I'm so happy we found the k'tan. I really wanted something we could both wear that was easy to put on and I could just throw in the diaper bag. It secures babies just like the moby but there's no wrapping long pieces of fabric. RB and I still use it a lot.

GDiapers
Charlie Banana Disposable Inserts
The G diaper disposable inserts seemed a bit rough whereas these ones are lined in bamboo and super soft. Totally worth it to me. We buy all of our Charlie Banana stuff at Target.
Charlie Banana Reusable Diapers
These diapers are our favorite of the traditional cloth diapers. They seem a lot more comfy and form well to the body than our Bum Geniuses. We usually use these as nighttime diapers and the G diapers during the day. If you've ever thought of cloth diapering, just try it. It is so much easier than I ever expected, and this is coming from someone who rarely does her own laundry.
Charlie Banana bamboo liners
With any cloth diaper it can be nice to add these liners that wick the moisture away from baby's skin. They are super soft and can help, especially at nighttime.
The woombie swaddler
Jason did a lot of reading on the 5 S's before we had the baby. It was so nice that J was prepared with soothing techniques once he was here. We tried different swaddle types and when he was an infant, the tighter the better. But as he got a little older, it was nice to be able to just zip into this one and let him still move his arms around a bit. We also got the breathable fabric since this kid is always so hot.




No comments:
Post a Comment